Second London Green Deal Connections Event
SECOND LONDON DATE OPEN NOW!
Due to the success of the first London Green Deal Connections event, a second London date has been added for the 21st February 2012 and is now open for registration.
The first London date was an early sell out in the 17 half-day series, designed to raise awareness of the new skills required by energy advisors and installers under Green Deal, and an additional date will make sure everyone gets the chance to attend.
The Green Deal Connections events are UK-wide and organised by the Green Deal Skills Alliance (more below).
The new event will have the choice of a 9.45am or 1.30pm start, with additional time before to meet with exhibitors and enjoy refreshments.
Each event is free to attend and will include exhibitions, seminars and workshops on:
- Government policy: Speaker from the Department for Energy and Climate Change (DECC)
- Overview of Green Deal skills process including: qualifications, accreditation, regulatory bodies and the Green Deal code of conduct
- Skills scope: Energy assessment / advice and all aspects of installation – both domestic and non-domestic
- Low Carbon groups and other activity within your region
- Creating network connections to successfully implement Green Deal
- Potential Green Deal suppliers – energy suppliers, local authorities, housing associations, private suppliers etc.
- Energy assessors and advisors (current and prospective)
- Installers – insulation specialists, building services, heating engineers, plumbers, renewable technologies etc.
- Property, building and environmental technology trade associations
- Professional bodies
- Trade Unions
- Awarding bodies, learning providers and certification/accreditation bodies
Royal National Hotel
BOOK NOW AS PLACES ARE LIMITED!
To register for an event please click here.
Endorsement by delegates at earlier events
Below are some comments from the delegates that have attended previous events:
“I learned more in 3 hours than I have by attending many other meetings on the Green Deal.”
“Thanks to the team for providing consistently fascinating and intriguing presentations and discussions on the new Green Deal proposals.”
“My perception is that almost everyone involved, or on the periphery, is of the opinion that this is a potentially fantastic opportunity to help with improving the efficiency of buildings, to combat increasing energy costs and to provide many new job opportunities in what sounds like a win-win system for all of us.”
“The speaker was clearly experienced, delivered well and answered questions fairly and intelligently.”
What is Green Deal?
Green Deal is the Government’s flagship policy for improving the energy efficiency within buildings. The scheme makes loans available, at no upfront cost, to implement energy saving measures. The loan is then repaid using the monthly savings in energy bills.
It is due to launch in October 2012 and could see uptake within 14 million homes and create 100,000 jobs by 2015.
The Green Deal Skills Alliance
With backing from the Employer Investment Fund, the Green Deal Skills Alliance (consisting of three Sector Skills Councils: Asset Skills, ConstructionSkills and SummitSkills) will develop and implement the Green Deal Competency Framework.
The principal aim of the framework is to develop new occupational standards and qualifications to sit across all aspects of Green Deal assessment and installation.
The Framework will also tackle a wider remit of issues to facilitate Green Deal implementation, such as the Green Deal Connections events.
If you need any further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01392 423 399.