As well as our energy assessor accreditation scheme, we operate the SAVA Scheme. This is for residential surveyors who hold the Diploma in Home Inspection or Residential Surveying in order to produce Home Condition Surveys (HCS). The Home Condition Survey is a report for home buyers who want an independent survey of a property before they buy, to help protect their investment.
SAVA has recently launched the SAVA School of Surveying offering the Diploma in Residential Surveying and Valuation, which provides everything you need to train as a Residential Surveyor. For more information please visit our dedicated micro site.
The SAVA Scheme builds upon SAVA's reputation as a champion of residential property surveying standards. Our checks and quality assurance procedures are thorough and guarantee consumer confidence in Home Condition Surveys.
Who can join?
Any qualified surveyor who holds the DipHI or DIP R Surv can join the SAVA scheme. You don't need to have trained with SAVA and you can switch from a different certification scheme at any time.
If you are a residential Chartered Surveyor (Associate, Members or Fellow of RICS) and do not hold the Diploma in Home Inspection or Diploma in Residential Surveying, please click here to see details of our Direct Entry route.
For new entrants interested in training, the SAVA School of Surveying offers the Diploma in Residential Surveying and Valuation, which provides everything you need to train as a Residential Surveyor. For more information please visit our dedicated micro site.
We support our members by providing marketing material to help explain the HCS to two key groups: conveyancing solicitors and the home buyer. We provide our members with printed literature, images and text to use for meetings, advertising and websites. Please click here for a sample of the homebuyer brochure.
Benefits for Surveyors
- Comprehensive Insurance You can use the comprehensive Professional Indemnity and Public Liability Insurance arranged by us for all reports registered with the scheme so there is no need to carry your own cover for producing an HCS. Read a summary here.
- Easy to use software Easy to use, industry leading report writing software available 24/7 on the NES one portal, supported by a library of free factsheets that you can add to the report to add value for your client.
- Business support You will benefit from our promotion of your services to potential clients, networking support and other business assistance. Take a look at our Find an Assessor service.
- On-demand technical support You will have access to a dedicated Technical Support team to answer your queries – whether they are about our software systems or about your business. For more details click here.
- Technical Bulletins You will receive regular copies of our SAVA Technical Bulletins keeping you up-to-date on Home Condition Reporting developments, associated issues and tips on using our software. Click here for a sample bulletin.
- CPD support You will be given full CPD support and advice, including reduced rates on NES training courses. Browse our training and CPD courses here.
- Online storage You will be able to upload inspection records, photos and other information and store it in a secure area with full daily backups. This simplifies audit and complaint investigation procedures, and is in addition to your own record keeping requirements.
- Monitoring and compliance support You will be supported throughout our monitoring and compliance checks, secure in the knowledge that your surveys are of the highest quality so people can act with confidence on the recommendations contained within them.
- Marketing and branding support We can provide a range of marketing material at cost, logos for use on websites, stationery and other branded items.
Our Membership Team
The Membership team is responsible for overseeing your application and your ongoing membership of the SAVA Scheme.
We can answer any queries you may have about membership - please call us on 01908 442277 or email email@example.com